Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For the First Time in My Life

DC frozen pool

First, I apologize for not posting as soon as I left the National Mall on the day of the Inauguration. I was sooooo cold, that it took me a few days just to recover. But, it was all worth it. I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt, for the first time in MY life, I was proud to be an American. I mean, so much so that I can actually see myself hanging a flag outside my home. In all my 35 years, the THOUGHT of doing such, had never even crossed my mind.

The one thing that I will always remember is how quiet all 2million us were as we waited for President Obama to be introduced. You could have heard a pin drop. This picture is from my vantage point in the SILVER ticket area, behind the reflecting pool, which was frozen. Yeah ... frozen. It was that cold outside.

I am excited and I am praying for wisdom, humility and safety for President Obama and the First Family. - bw

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

Although I was not there, I do share in your sentiment. This was an historical day and for the first time I felt a part of this country. For so long as an African American, we have struggled in America. For so long, we have had to sit by the sidelines while White America flourished. On Jan 20th, 2009 that cycle was broken. We too can flourish and show the world that we count! No more excuses for African Americans, we have to step up and play our part!

bw said...

I agree with you Jazzy! NO more EXCUSES, but 'Da man is THE MAN. So, no more blaming! - bw

Unknown said...

I was there too! Check out more details on my blog.

cyanea said...

it was historical and emotional day
for our country bringing hope and
promise for a new beginning that we can all rejoyce in